metacard - engine for mac

Marielle Lange rp011s7075 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 23:26:58 EDT 2005

Dear all,

Came across the Yahoo page thanks to Google...
"The engine that drives the MC IDE is Runtime Revolution. The latest
version is available at runrev.com. On OS X you need to copy the
executable from the the Revolution bundle in Revolution.app/Contents/
MacOS/Revolution to MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard"

What version of RR??? No "Revolution to MetaCard.app" could be found
in the bundle (show package content) of Revolution 2.0, 2.2, 2.5,
2.6. Used the terminal to check out for hidden file, no success.

Okay, let's be a good user, let's run a search on the doc.

Okay, something interesting there: <http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/
metacard/2004-November/007903.html>

 >Controlclick "Revolution(.app)", doubleclick "Contents". Among others
 >there is a folder "MacOS" and a Terminal file "Revolution".
 >Copy that file "Terminal file Revolution" into the folder
 >"MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/" in your older copy of the MetaCard.app!
 >Then rename it to "MetaCard"

I get it!!! What I need to copy is "Revolution" not "Revolution to
MetaCard.app". It's reassuring. I really did not understand why I
should expect to find an application, and on top with such a strange
name, inside the bundle :-/...

But then, is it still possible to find the metacard.app? Being a good
user again, searching the web... no luck.

 >I can still offer to send you the "MetaCard.app" if you have trouble,
 >it's already ZIPped here and
 >awaiting its digital journey to Norway ;-)

Klaus, if it is still possible to obtain the file from you, yes,
please send it to me.

I had a quick look at the toolbar (opening the mctools within a copy
of the revolution.app). I wonder if you can use this: http://
www.everaldo.com/crystal.html. A very large collection of icons,
including icons for all elements of an interface. My understanding is
that it is free reuse "currently used on thousands of softwares and
websites around the world."... but best is to check with the author.

Marielle

Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguistics, Lecturer in Psychology and
Informatics
University of Edinburgh, UK

Homepage:  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mlange/
Lexicall project: http://lexicall.org