The whole id number thing

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Tue Jun 21 08:18:23 EDT 2005

I ended up using Xavier's solution of creating a cloned object to
change the id, though I still swear somebody actually had another way.

It's kind of a bugger because I name everything, but even that
doesn't avoid conflict.  I imported a graphic and named it.  Then set
the icon of a button to the imported graphic, using its name.

set the icon of btn someButton to "nameOfGraphic"

But apparently the graphic which was in another stack, had a
duplicate id number to something in Metacard, even though its id
number was very high.  And the icon was a question mark, which I
never could find in Metacard's stacks.

Using the graphic's name didn't override anything.  It still turned
the name into the id number, then promptly pulled Metacard's graphic
with that id number.  I cloned the object and deleted the original
and this fixed it.  But still would have been nice to have been able
to change the number.

I thought all of Metacard's built in graphics used id numbers under 1000?

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com