Speech Synthesis?

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Fri Jun 17 13:13:05 EDT 2005

Yes - revSpeak

However, as far as I know, this is not really intrinsic to
RR;
but elicits the speech synthesis capabilities of the
operating system on which the stack/standalone is
functioning.

This is a bit of a problem as you cannot be responsible for
whether your end user has speech synthesis installed:

as far as I know SP. SYNTH. is automatically installed with
Mac OS X (although must be turned ON by user via the System
Preferences), is an optional install with Classic Mac 8 -
9,
and is a commercial add-on for Windows XP.

---No doubt, somebody who knows more about this will supply
the necessary corrective for the gaps in my knowledge---

If this really interests you you can download my Master's
Thesis 'thing' which attempts to 'fake' speech synthesis by
using prerecorded bits: I started by using speech synthesis
- but I was doing Beta testing on some tatty old machines
running WIN95 (Scottish Primary Scholl specials) - and even
on my high-end MAC things got a bit wierd and sluggish.

Wow, gone onto too long as usual!

Love, Richmond

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html