.wav and .aiff files

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Wed Jun 15 20:50:18 EDT 2005

What everyone else said.--Audacity, compressed AU or 22mhz wav.

A couple of years ago, I had to make some 'immutable' sound stacks for a school. I recorded the voice actor with a tape deck, captured the sound at high quality settings (44khz, 16 bit) edited them and downsampled to 22khz,8 bit. the results were good.

This year I experimented with MP3 encoding successfully if your interested. Decoding to wav is also possible. (mac and win)

cheers
tom