strange pulldown menus

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jun 10 19:22:57 EDT 2005

Hi Richard,

> Klaus Major wrote:
>
>> Hi firends,
>> do you also see this strange behaviour of pulldown menus?
>> To see it yourself, enter this in the messagebox:
>> edit script of stack "liburl"
>> Then pull down the "Go" menu and scroll throught the many lines of
>> it.
>> I get very strange results :-/
>> Latest Rev engine on OS X, works fine on Windows...
>>
> Did you Bigzilla this?

Not yet, since i just found out and wanted to be sure that i am not
dreaming...

But here are some more strange obeservations:

I made a little stack with btn 1 = a pulldown menu
and 2 buttons to fill it...

1.
on mouseUp
   repeat with i = 1 to 1500
     put "a very long line, you know" && i & CR after neu
   end repeat
   delete char -1 of neu
   put neu into btn 1
end mouseUp

Works fine, all lines are in the button and it scrolls correctly...

2.
on mouseUp
   repeat with i = 1 to 1500
     put "a very long line, you know, and i mean it, really..." && i
& CR after neu
   end repeat
   delete char -1 of neu
   put neu into btn 1
end mouseUp

Only 359 correct lines are actually in the pulldown button and a line
360 with a
single and lonely "a" in it, but not more lines!????

Does also scroll correctly, but what gives???

Already sent it to Mark...

It is very nice to have someone like Mark now! ;-)

> I'd mark it "blocker".

Yeah, Dan Blocker a.k.a "Hoss" :-)

Sure, will godzilla it.

>   Richard Gaskin