[OT]: MC IDE b9

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Jun 10 03:09:26 EDT 2005

xbury.cs at clearstream.com wrote:

> Im so tired of repeating it...

X,

It's obvious you're a very smart guy, and have a wealth of knowledge in
many technical areas. But frankly, everytime I download one of your
stacks, invariably it doesn't work, or I can't figure out what you're
trying to do, or there's no documentation. I've subsequently quit trying.

You typically reply with a note, "it's still in beta." I certainly
understand. It takes a lot to 'finish and deliver' software. If I may be
so bold as to recommend a good marketing technique: Only 'announce'
finished, documented, and as close to bug-free software as possible. In
this way you'll gain many more users and supporters of your software.

I know you're excited about TAOO and other plugins and libraries you've
created. But, if you try only announcing and supporting a simple great
product, like your 'breakpoint killer,' IMO, you would gain lots of
credibility with potential users. Then, later you'll be able to command
attention and respect and most importantly CUSTOMERS when you announce
newly finished products. This is how you can build a customer base you
can market to.

I hope you take this as well intended advice and not admonition.

best regards,

Chipp