Caching?

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Mon Jul 25 00:39:01 CDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 Wilhelm Sanke <sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de> wrote:

> Hi Tariel,
>
> The docs of Rev are more precise here. From the "comments" of
> "backgroundnames":
>
> "If a group in the stack contains groups, only the top-level groups are
> reported."

On top of that "backgroundNames" would list only backgrounds whose
"BackGroundBehavior" is set to true.

BTW I checked it out using your excellent "searchdocs_xml" stack.
REALLY impressive search speed.

> I wish we had a function that would return all backgrounds - including
> nested ones - without scripting a workaround.

I second that.

snip...

>       #===============
>       if the number of cards of background counter of stack SName = 0
> and word 1 of the owner of background counter of stack SName <>
> "group" then
>         put " (unplaced)" after last char of BName
>       end if
>       #=================

That's a neat trick!.   Thanks.

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>

> An object descriptor should be an object descriptor, regardless of when
> it's used.

Indeed.

> PS: Tariel, I owe you a couple emails.  Just been swamped with a
> hellish
> project; I look forward to writing you soon.

Oh, glad you received my email. I was worrying that it got lost in spam
filters.
Hope you grabbed those Monterey pictures.

best regards
Tariel