How to get feedback if a substack is opened

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jul 21 09:54:22 CDT 2005

Hi Reinhold,

> Hello!
>
> How do mc reports if a substack is open / visible or not?
> I tried it in two ways but I failed:
>
> on mouseUp
>   if the openstack of stack "xyz" is true then
>     put "stack xyz is opened"
>   else
>     put "stack xyz is closed"
>   end if
> end mouseUp
>
> I this case I get "stack xyz is closed" as well if the stack in
> opened.

if "xyz" is among the lines of the openstacks then
## is open...
else
## not open...
end if

> on mouseUp
>   if the visible of stack "xyz" is true then
>     put "stack xyz is visible"
>   else
>     put "stack xyz is invisible"
>   end if
> end mouseUp
>
> I this case I got "stack xyz is visible" as well if the stack is
> invisible.
>
> What's the right way?

I think you will also have to check if the stack is open, since closed
stacks are probably invisible all the time ;-)

if "xyz" is among the lines of the openstacks AND the visible of
stack "xyz" then
## open AND visisble
else
## closed and so "non importante" :-)
end if

> Reinhold
>
> PS: Hi Klaus, how are you?

I am stressed, since we will be moving end of next week* and now we
are painting
the old flat, painting the new flat, put zillion things into zillion
boxes and hope it
won't rain :-)

*in the same city fortunately...

Best from germanski