Computer unique id

Mark Talluto mclist at canelasoftware.com
Sat Jul 16 17:38:40 CDT 2005

On Jul 16, 2005, at 8:33 AM, Shari wrote:

> I've encountered an unexpected problem with the following:
>
>   switch (the platform)
>  case "Win32"
>     put (there is a file (specialFolderPath("system") & "/
> IPCONFIG.EXE")) into winExists
>     put (there is a file (specialFolderPath("system") & "/SYSTEM32/
> IPCONFIG.EXE")) into sys32Exists
>     if winExists or sys32Exists then
>       set the hideConsoleWindows to true
>       put shell("ipconfig /all") into temp
>       get matchText(temp,"Physical Address[\. ]*: ([A-Z0-9-]*)",addy)
>     else
>       return "Default"
>     end if
>     break
>   end switch
>   return addy

I use this all the time and have not noticed that.  What is the
system configuration of this individual?

Windows version:
Nic setup:
Type of net connection:

What happens when you enter ipconfig into a dos prompt upon a fresh
restart, during a net connection, and after the connection has been
terminated?

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software