Computer unique id

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Jul 16 10:33:05 CDT 2005

I've encountered an unexpected problem with the following:

   switch (the platform)
  case "Win32"
     put (there is a file (specialFolderPath("system") &
"/IPCONFIG.EXE")) into winExists
     put (there is a file (specialFolderPath("system") &
"/SYSTEM32/IPCONFIG.EXE")) into sys32Exists
     if winExists or sys32Exists then
       set the hideConsoleWindows to true
       put shell("ipconfig /all") into temp
       get matchText(temp,"Physical Address[\. ]*: ([A-Z0-9-]*)",addy)
     else
       return "Default"
     end if
     break
   end switch
   return addy

I've got a fellow who, if he is connected to the internet, this will
return his MAC address.  However, if he logs off the internet, this
returns empty.

Any clues?
--
Mac and Windows shareware games