Why I won't buy an A9Home . . . On Topic!

Mark Talluto mclist at canelasoftware.com
Fri Jul 8 12:07:47 CDT 2005

On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:24 AM, Mathewson wrote:

> I will not buy an A9Home because, so far, there is no
> version of MC/RR for RISC OS. Considering that quite a few
> RISC OS machines are used in the UK (as well as elsewhere)
> in educational environments, it seems a shame there is
> neither MC/RR for RISC OS, or, at least, an engine that
> allows users of MC/RR on Linux/Win/Mac to produce RISC OS
> compatible standalones.

I am always on the lookout for small computers that are affordable.
Do you know the price of this system?

I ship macMinis with our vision software and it is truly an amazing
machine for the price.  It is a lot more powerful than this A9Home.
Thus I would expect this system to be very inexpensive relative to
the mini.  It appears to be so bare bones, that you would not be able
to use this system for graphics intensive applications.  I am also
unsure about having to support yet another OS.  As we are now going
to have to support intel macs and ppc macs, another OS makes me
shudder.  Just the same, it is interesting.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com