Saving SA settings (was: Planned changes for b9)

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 05:05:26 EST 2005

>>> [ ] Save windows "Version Info" into a custom property of the  stack
>>> to-be-saved...

>> Well...no. I'd rather see the text file. In general, I don't  like the
>> IDE messing around with my stacks. Chances are good that I  will open
>> up a stack later on, see a property I don't remember  putting there,
>> not know what it is for, and not know what to do  with it. I don't
>> like when that happens. I don't mind loading a  text file though, and
>> I think this would be a handy feature. Right  now I do the same thing,
>> only I keep the settings all together in a  stack I made just for that
>> purpose.

My original suggestion was to store standAlone settings as a customProperty
of the standAlone builder, NOT the target stack. I completely agree with
Richard  (and probably everyone else) that the SA should not modify the target
stack.  Whether settings are stored as a customproperty or as a series of cards, I
don't  mind, so long as I can choose past settings without having to re-type
the  all each time!

/H