MC IDE problem

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 20 09:29:41 EST 2005

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> (snip). I just posted b8 -- please let me know how it works for you.
>
> Could you explain what else has changed in this release?  You were
> probably just starting to do that.

b8 is an anemic release, posted only to make sure the accomodation of
the engine changes wrt Win icons works.

b9 will be a more complete build, with updated change notes.

Very little has changed between b7 and b8 other than a few lines in the
Win properties window to accomodate the engine change.

> Also, there is another version of a "mcTranscriptDict" of Jan 10, 2005,
> in the files section of the Yahoo MC_IDE list. What does it do?

I don't understand: your second sentence below suggest you understand
what it does.

In brief it's a shell for importing the latext Dictionary content into a
simpler faster UI for use within MC.  The importer button is in Help.

> It does not have the two options "Scroll to" and "Filter" ( i.e. only
> the latter) we had added some time ago.

I don't believe I have that version handy.  Sorry if you'd sent it
earlier.  Please add your changes and send it back and I'll post it.