Id numbers vs names

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Feb 26 11:37:37 EST 2005

>Using long id is convenient and safe when dealing with dynamic
>objects or parallel stacks or cards that have objects with same
>names and an alternative to fully qualified control references.
>Otherwise, using names is usually better. In my experience at least.
>But object ids should not change by themselves. At least I do not
>recall such an instance.
>
>Robert

No, they don't change by themselves.  But if you're changing the
program and add/delete objects...  I've inadvertently created a copy
of an object not realizing, then later discover the error (one is on
top of the other so you don't see it right away).  Sometimes when
deleting the duplicate, I've ended up deleting the original.
Suddenly wham, the script looks for the ID and it's gone.

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com