Bizarro behavior explained

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Feb 8 14:23:20 EST 2005

HI all,

>>> Hmmmm....that didn't come up when Klaus was discussing it here.
>> Yo, surprise, surprise :-)
>>> How many v2.6 IDEs will you be running?
>>> Klaus -- feel like adding multiple support for multiple IDEs?
>> Hm, yes, but may need some hints on how to differ between the
>> multiple IDEs?
>> Any suggestions?
>> Maybe adding a checkbox to the prefs stack "save prefs external"?
>> This way it is up to you to use the homestack instead...
>
> I wonder if the prefs stack could have the option of saving for global
> use or saving for a specific version of the engine.
> It wouldn't be too hard to use different custompropertysets for each
> version, with the default propertyset for "all".
> That would give Robert what he's looking for while still liberating
> the IDE from dependency on the going-away-someday-anyway Home stack.

OK, let me see what we are talking about and if revamping the
prefs-thing will
really make sense :-)

1. The customprops of stack "Home":
MCKey
MCUserEmail
MCUsername
MCUserOrganization
mcvendor

This will interact with the licensing of the MC IDE...
And that stack is passwordprotected!

Any hints on how to proceed here?

2. CP set "mcpreferences":
pluginListMode

A new CP-set for the new plug-in feature

3. CP-set: "preferences":
This one holds all the props ("gridsize" etc...) that cannot be set/get
manually:
-> Can't set this property
-> Object does not have this property

My proposal for now:
We wait until the "Home" stack is no longer necessary as Richard
predicted ;-)
Then i will volunteer again and create these external preferences
settings in
the "preferences" stack...

OK?
What do you think?

My "seemingly boundless energy" is still here, but time is what i lack
;-)

I implemented some handy features into the IDE already and we could
release a b9 immediatley...

>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Ambassador at FourthWorld.com       http://www.FourthWorld.com