Bizarro behavior explained

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 7 14:12:36 EST 2005

Klaus Major wrote:
> Hi Richard and all,

>>> Does that mean that one won't be able to run multiple copies of MC
>>> each with different preferences? I sometimes run 2 or 3 copies at the
>>> same time.
>>

>> Hmmmm....that didn't come up when Klaus was discussing it here.
>

> Yo, surprise, surprise :-)
>
>> How many v2.6 IDEs will you be running?
>> Klaus -- feel like adding multiple support for multiple IDEs?
>

> Hm, yes, but may need some hints on how to differ between the multiple
> IDEs?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Maybe adding a checkbox to the prefs stack "save prefs external"?
> This way it is up to you to use the homestack instead...

I wonder if the prefs stack could have the option of saving for global
use or saving for a specific version of the engine.

It wouldn't be too hard to use different custompropertysets for each
version, with the default propertyset for "all".

That would give Robert what he's looking for while still liberating the
IDE from dependency on the going-away-someday-anyway Home stack.