MC IDE v2.6b12 posted

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Dec 30 17:05:40 CST 2005

On 12/30/05 3:55 PM, "Dave Cragg" <dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk> wrote:

> One possible solution might be to strip the libUrl substack out of
> mctools, and place it in a "libraries" folder that gets distributed
> with the IDE. In this "libraries" folder, there would be a "libUrl"
> subfolder, and within that, a "liburl_pre2.6.1" and a
> "liburl_standard" folder. These two folders would contain the
> appropriate version of the libUrl stack (both with  a stack name of
> libUrl). Then in the mctools stack, in its initialization, it could
> "start using" the appropriate  libUrl stack. (And perhaps set its
> stackfiles to include a suitable entry.) I'm not sure how the
> "resource mover" does its stuff, but I suspect this would work or
> could be made to work too.
>
> Any thoughts? I'd be happy to take a look at this unless anyone can
> think of any gotchas.

Yeah, Dave... you're working too hard. :-)

I'd say just put the latest libURL into the latest MC IDE and then mark that
IDE as requiring 2.6.1 of the engine or later. Anyone who is using an older
version will have to use an earlier build of the IDE.

Done!

My 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software