MC IDE v2.6b12 posted

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 14:55:10 CST 2005

--- Dave Cragg <dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk> wrote:

> On 30 Dec 2005, at 19:17, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> >
> > I just added this line to the preOpenStack handler
> of mctools:
> >
> >   set the mcversion of stack "MetaCard Menu Bar"
> to the version
> >
> > This will remove an ongoing annoyance for most
> users, but will fail
> > to notify anyone using engine versions more than a
> year old.  There
> > should be no behavioral differences if using any
> engine from v2.5
> > or later, only cosmetic.
>
> I hate to bring bad news, especially at this time of
> year ..... but ...
>
> The current libUrl version (1.1.4) will only work
> with engine
> versions of 2.6.1 or later. This was when the secure
> socket feature
> was added. The syntax "open secure socket" will
> cause an error on
> earlier versions.
>
> [snip]
>
> Meanwhile, as I stuff myself with food and drink a
> glass or two, I'll
> be thinking fondly of the wonderful people who use
> MC/Rev.
>
> Very best wishes
>
> Dave

And my very best wishes to you, Dave -- and to my
fellow Rev/MC users on this list.

I don't know if you've considered the following
"trick":
--
try
  do "open secure socket to tHost"

As the open secure bit is inside a 'do' statement, the
compiler wouldn't peep, and the 'try' should catch any
errors.

No clue if it works or you, but I thought I'd share my
idea.

Happy New Year,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution