image display

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Aug 9 15:37:25 CDT 2005

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005, Rick Rice <rice at cariboo.bc.ca> wrote:

>  I am still using Metacard 2.5
>     On the Mac (OS--X.3) I have images with graphic objects (curve)
> overlaid. The object appearance is filled so that it will respond to a
> mouse click. The ink is set to noop.
>     Depending on the student input, I want to outline the location of the
> object so that the student can see where it is and what it is outlining
> on the base image. To do this I set, in a script,  the ink to admin.
> This leaves the base image visible with a cell now outlined by the
> graphic object.
>     Now for the problem. When I move this to Windows XP and older, when I
> set the ink to admin I get the entire object filled with grey which
> obscures the underlying cell. I have tried every fill, nothing results
> in a simple line outlining the object.
>     How can I make the object line visible without filling it. I tried
> unchecking the "filled" in appearance but then there is no mouse
> response.
>     Rick

Hi Rick,

with Windows I use fillcolor 255,204,102 with the ink set to srcAnd
(which alternates with "noop" to achieve a flashing effect).

You can see the effect in my "Image and Words" stack, which you can get
from page "Sample Stacks" of <http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>

 From the description:

"Learning words through pictures in five different versions: Wordshow,
Move and Click, Test and Learn, Test with Loop, Final Test. Basic part
of the stack is an image with polygon overlays corresponding to the
outlines of objects. Mode "Test with Loop" is an example for an
instructional programs that allows the repetition of unsolved problems."

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke