compatibility between Mac and PC

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Aug 9 04:04:59 CDT 2005

Hi Reinhold,

> Hi!
>
> For to share my stacks build on a Mac with a PC I want to detect
> incompatible charakters in an input-field to avoid them.

if you are only using fields to store your text, then MC will make
the conversion
ISO <-> Mac (and vice versa) of the text when the stack opens!

> 1. Which are the incompatible charakters? I know "ä,ö,ü,ß". Are
> there some more?

I think any character that has an ASCII value < 33 or > 127.

In other words, restrict the input to "pure" ASCII characters, see
below...

> 2. Do anybody can give me a script to detect those charakters in a
> field?

on keydown derKieh
     if chartonum(derKieh) < 33 AND chartonum(derKieh) > 127 then
      ##unwanted characters...
     else
       pass keydown
     end if