Revolution debugger issues

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 4 15:22:08 CDT 2005

Update on the debugger thing.

I walked through my wonky stack with someone else on the RR team and
they were able to reproduce some of the problems. The problems, in my
case, boil down to this:

Breakpoints do not always break
Handlers/functions called from other handlers do not always run
Variables can contain inaccurate values in certain specific cases

He was able to see the same problems, but oddly enough, they occured at
different places in the script even though he and I were running through
the same debugging procedures in tandem.

The good news is that they are on it, and hopefully can solve it. I have
learned that a sequence of two errors in a script do different things in
MC and Rev. In Rev, the second one causes the debugger to abort; in MC
it does not. That is why in MC I get a recursive error dialog that
requires a force-quit. Rev is better at solving this and does exit
before that happens. However, the result of the exit is that sometimes
handlers with errors will continue to run to the end using incorrect
data; sometimes they just skip over things, or indulge in other odd
behaviors.

Anyway, they're looking at it. Fingers crossed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com