hand cursor

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri Sep 17 13:54:58 EDT 2004

>On Sep 16, 2004, at 2:15 PM, Ken Ray wrote:
>
>>Personally I think this is invasive and IMHO unnecessary. What was the
>>problem with just setting the "defaultCursor" when the IDE starts up? Sorry,
>>I just don't get it...
>
>The idea was to implement something that could transparently make
>the switch through the entire development process. setting the
>defaultCursor would have broken if anyone set the defaultCursor and
>then emptied it, expecting to get back to the arrow. It also would
>have required inserting code into the developer's project at build
>time, which is something I wanted to avoid completely.
>
>regards,
>
>Geoff Canyon
>gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com

I don't care to dig into what is done right or wrong. When I use
2.6.1 engine with MC IDE, I seem to have the hand cursor in the
browse mode in IDE as I would expect and get it back on idle after
changing it in handlers. Great. However, when my handler says "set
the cursor to hand," I don't get a hand and that is obviously a bug
that needs fixing.

Robert