hand cursor

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Sep 16 17:15:27 EDT 2004

On 9/16/04 3:56 PM, "diskot123 at juno.com" <diskot123 at juno.com> wrote:

> was changed from 8 to 28 as requested by runrev. The MC IDE should be updated
> clone the hand and set it's id to 28.

Then what about the vertical splitter cursor? Where should *that* go?

The problem is one of backwards compatibility in my eyes... let's say I have
an older MC stack that refers to both the hand and the splitter cursor. Most
likely the hand reference will be "set the cursor to hand" (this would be OK
because it would now point to ID 28 instead of 8). But the reference to the
vertical splitter would have to be "set the cursor to 28". Doing this with
the new engine would set it to a hand instead of a vertical splitter. So
this change means that every person who has a stack that uses a vertical
splitter (in both MC and Rev pre-Rev 2.5) will need to go back and change
the ID number for that cursor so that when they rebuild the standalone, it
works properly.

Personally I think this is invasive and IMHO unnecessary. What was the
problem with just setting the "defaultCursor" when the IDE starts up? Sorry,
I just don't get it...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/