How to do clean install of MetaCard?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Sep 10 17:49:58 EDT 2004

On 9/10/04 2:26 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> I need to run MC on a new Mac (Panther). From the MC IDE User Group:
>
> " The engine that drives the MC IDE is Runtime Revolution. The latest
> version is available at runrev.com.
> After downloading, you'll need to place the engine into the MetaCard
> folder, renaming it to "mc.exe" on Windows, "MetaCard" on Mac Classic,
> and "mc" on Linux. On OS X you need to copy the executable from the the
> Revolution bundle in Revolution.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution to
> MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard"
>
> 1) The MC IDE of course doesn't contain a MetaCard.app
> 2) If I copy the Revolution.app and rename it MetaCard.app and then
> change the executable name inside the bundle to MetaCard, it won't
> launch at all (using RR 2.5)
>
> Help anyone?

Go here:

<ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/>

Download the last available version of MC for OS X. Decompress.
Substitute the Rev app inside its bundle for the MetaCard app inside its
bundle. Rename the MC one to "MetaCard." Now you have an old IDE with a
new engine.

Download the newer MC IDE. Substitute the 2 or 3 stacks in there for
your existing ones. Done.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com