How to do clean install of MetaCard?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Sep 10 15:26:36 EDT 2004

I need to run MC on a new Mac (Panther). From the MC IDE User Group:

" The engine that drives the MC IDE is Runtime Revolution. The latest
version is available at runrev.com.
After downloading, you'll need to place the engine into the MetaCard
folder, renaming it to "mc.exe" on Windows, "MetaCard" on Mac Classic,
and "mc" on Linux. On OS X you need to copy the executable from the the
Revolution bundle in Revolution.app/Contents/MacOS/Revolution to
MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard"

1) The MC IDE of course doesn't contain a MetaCard.app
2) If I copy the Revolution.app and rename it MetaCard.app and then
change the executable name inside the bundle to MetaCard, it won't
launch at all (using RR 2.5)

Help anyone?

best,

Chipp