Printing and stopped jobs

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 31 01:16:15 EST 2004

On 10/30/04 12:19 AM, Ray Horsley wrote:

> Not that I know of, but coincidentally I've just started experiencing
> this exact same problem using 2.5 on OSX 10.2.8.  I didn't spend a lot
> of time with it, but it seems that the problem (stopping print jobs) is
> also brought on by using the 'open printing with dialog' command.  I'm
> anxious to see any other posting regarding this.

I first noticed it about 18 months ago or more, when an old stack
stopped working and I had to add the "dialog" option to the print
command. I can't remember if that was when I switched to another version
of OS X or not, but I do know that it was happening before version 2.5
of the engine. I haven't found any way around it except for the "with
dialog" option, but that has always worked for me. That is, as long as I
add the dialog, printing does not stop.