libURL error 10053?

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 23:33:23 EDT 2004

On 20 Oct 2004, at 22:21, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I have a WebMerge customer whose reporting that he's getting an error
> 10053 when he tries to FTP.  WebMerge uses libURL v1.0.13.
>
> I can't reproduce the error here, and the user claims that the same
> settings as he's using in WebMerge work well when FTPing from the
> command line (he's using WinXP).  We have a few hundred customers
> happily FTPing with WebMerge, so it must be something specific to his
> server or his login/password.
>
> I can't find reference to what error #10053 could be.  Any clues as to
> how to diagnose this further?

10053 means the connection was aborted on the local host, but it could
be for a number of reasons.

It could be a firewall thing (stab in the dark). Does WebMerge give the
option to switch to Active mode (libUrlSetFtpMode "active")?  libUrl
uses Passive mode by default. That might explain why the command line
works from the same machine.

Cheers
Dave