libURL error 10053?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 20 15:21:56 EDT 2004

I have a WebMerge customer whose reporting that he's getting an error
10053 when he tries to FTP.  WebMerge uses libURL v1.0.13.

I can't reproduce the error here, and the user claims that the same
settings as he's using in WebMerge work well when FTPing from the
command line (he's using WinXP).  We have a few hundred customers
happily FTPing with WebMerge, so it must be something specific to his
server or his login/password.

I can't find reference to what error #10053 could be.  Any clues as to
how to diagnose this further?

TIA -