Bizarre 2: On XP answer file command sometimes hangs

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 21:42:17 EDT 2004

On 1 Oct 2004, at 18:58, Huisingh, Larry R wrote:

> What happens if you turn off your anti-virus software?  Perhaps that
> name is
> somehow triggering something in Norton that hangs your system.  I have
> heard
> about performance problems of many types in many apps when the
> anti-virus
> program is active.
>
> Larry Huisingh

No change, but thanks for the suggestion.

Some more observations. When I click the button that calls "answer
file", the stack window loses focus as it would if the file selection
window were open. Also at this point, in Task Manager in the
Applications tab, two instances of the application are listed as
running. By selecting one of these (the phony one presumably) and right
clicking and selecting "Switch To", the Task Manager will stop
responding.

Dave