MC 2.5 ramblings...

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Nov 9 22:46:01 EST 2004

>There's a proposal floating around in Bugzilla to put the Rev
>license scheme fully into the engine as it was with MetaCard.  This
>would mean that the engine could be used with any combination of
>IDEs without risking licensing issues.  I don't know when that will
>be implemented, but yes, there does seem to be an interest in moving
>in that direction.

But what that means for now? Does MC IDE must add/support Rev's style
license handling? May be this will get clarified in Malta (you guys
are so lucky you can go there).

>PS: It's definitely "FlipsIDE", as in "Flips IDE", if for no other
>reason than to maintain the tradition of cutey-pie names begun with
>my UmbrellaMan plugin (which catches events like an umbrella).  :)

Flips-ay-dee-eeh seems too long for my battered brain, so I somehow
shortened it, at least for myself, to read as flipsie but Ken's
flip-side makes it more mnemonic indeed.

Robert