Setting file permissions

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sun Nov 7 01:46:25 EST 2004

Not fully tested yet, but it seems to work on my system (OSX)

On initial launch, I get the name of the folder that the program
resides in (on OSX deleting the last 4 items of the effective
filename of the program) to get to the folder the users see).

Then make the following shell call:

get shell("chmod 777" && quote & fullPathToDirectoryOrFile & quote)

This changed the permissions for all users of that folder, even
though the little padlock icon was locked in the Finder's Get Info
window.

I then logged in as a different user, launched the program, and told
it to create a text file in that folder.

It did.

Now.... will it work on Windows?

(Many thanks to the Revolution archives for this tidbit.  One of
these days I'll join their mailing list :-)
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com