MC IDE 2.6 - next steps

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 10:14:12 EDT 2004

on Thu, 27 May 2004
Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Before B6 is posted, we have a few outstanding
> issues we need to decide on:
>
> 1. Mode for stacks opened with File->Open
> Currently, all stacks opened with File->Open are
> opened as toplevel,
> regardless of the style property of the stack
> itself.  In recent
> discussion here a majority of those who expressed
> opinions suggested
> that the style property be honored and not
> overridden by the IDE.
>
> While there were few dissenting voices on this
> issue, this is a change
> from 14 years of previous behavior of 14 years.
>
> Should I proceed with a change from opening as
> toplevel to simply
> opening in the stack's native mode?
>
> Should we leave it as it is for v2.6b6 and decide
> later?

I vote for opening a dialog asking for the
developer's preference.

> 3. Help->Support...
> -------------------
> The Help->Support item currently opens a form that
> sends a message to
> Scott Raney, but of course now that the IDE is open
> source Scott doesn't
> provide support for it.
>
> We can either remove the menu item (my lazy
> preference), or one of you
> can write a replacement stack explaining that
> support is available
> through this mailing list.
>
> What do you think is most appropriate option for an
> IDE with 28 users?

28 active users. I vote for remove the menu item.

> 4. Plugins Manager -- multiple "modes"
> --------------------------------------
> Please review the new options in B5 and speak up if
> you have any issues
> with the changes there.  I have no doubts about the
> quality of Robert's
> excellent scripting, but there were some questions
> here earlier about
> the necessity of the multiple modes/types now
> supported.  My own opinion
> is that as long as they do no harm I see no problem
> with letting those
> modifications stand, and they may be useful to
> others as well. So while
> I'm in favor of them, I think we'd all like to see
> v2.6 go final soon so
> this is the time to speak up or forever hold your
> peace. :)

I'll vote to keep all previous releases available,
just in case arises the need to rollback to a
earlier version.

> PS: If you haven't yet voted in the MC IDE poll,
> please do so as it will
> help determine appropriate levels of effort for the
> IDE going forward:

I voted but, Could i vote as many times as i want?

Thanks for keeping the development of the MC IDE!

al

=====
Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/