Plugins, fonts

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 6 16:54:34 EDT 2004

Robert Brenstein wrote:

>> But what does your plugin need that isn't supported in B4?
 >
> Richard, the new version is programmed as an active plugin, which will
> (hopefully) be supported as of b5. I guess you haven't had time yet to
> check out the files I sent you.
>
> For those listening in and wondering: the stack in question ran under
> pre-b5 versions pretending to be a library in order to be called but not
> opened at startup. But it ain't library. All it does is sets the script
> editor font when the IDE starts. When opened normally, it presents a
> window to choose the font and size. In other words, it is akin to an
> extension/control panel combo in Mac OS.

B4 added the auto-library option, which takes care of loading the
library.  As a library it can respond to the libraryStack message to do
any faceless operations, and can even stop using itself.  For the UI
selecting it from the menu opens it.

What more is needed for that dual behavior?

I may be a little slow, running on only one cup of coffee today....