Plugins, fonts

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri May 7 00:51:19 EDT 2004

>Robert Brenstein wrote:
>>Okay, the SetScriptEditorFont plugin now opens as modeless by
>>default. It also forces the font change onto the currently open
>>script editor windows. However, I can't release this version until
>>MC IDE b5 is out because the plugin works now in a mode not
>>supported by b4.
>
>I'll see if I can get that out today.  But what does your plugin
>need that isn't supported in B4?  If it won't run with B4 it won't
>run with Rev, an undesirable thing for most plugins since that's
>what the other 99% of Transcripters use.
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin

Richard, the new version is programmed as an active plugin, which
will (hopefully) be supported as of b5. I guess you haven't had time
yet to check out the files I sent you.

For those listening in and wondering: the stack in question ran under
pre-b5 versions pretending to be a library in order to be called but
not opened at startup. But it ain't library. All it does is sets the
script editor font when the IDE starts. When opened normally, it
presents a window to choose the font and size. In other words, it is
akin to an extension/control panel combo in Mac OS.

Since I can imagine quite a few stacks that function in this manner,
I have therefore suggested to recognize a separate plugin category
and passed an implementation suggestion to Richard. I call them
'active' plugins since they get activated at startup, but may be
someone can suggest a better term.

Robert Brenstein