MC IDE - developer tool additions - sugggestion

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 31 10:12:28 EST 2004

Good suggestions, Ian.

There was some interest last summer in seeing a forked variant of the MC
IDE which supports this kind of workflow, but alas we've not heard from
those who had expressed an interest in it for several months now.

Another option would be to provide this functionality in plugin, which
could use a frontScript to appear and hide as needed when a script
editor is open.

The advantage of putting those controls into a plugin is that it would
then be universal:  with only modest effort it could work equally well
in conjunction with Rev's script editor in addition to MC's.