dammit

Mark Talluto mclist at canelasoftware.com
Tue Jun 8 12:23:21 EDT 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 10:27 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I hate to lose my cool, but I can't get a day's work done with the
> current state of the error messages coming from the v2.6 engine.
>
> I can usually sort through my own code without it, but I've inherited
> a large and nasty code base written in alien logic, and there's no
> reliable means of identifying the source of errors.
>
> Am I the only one who finds this a show-stopper?
> Have y'all worked out a solution and forgot to share? :)
>
> How does the Rev IDE cope with it?
>
> If there was ever an argument for an emergency dot-dot release, making
> it possible to know what errors are occurring would seem the
> irrefutable case....

It is a massive problem for both IDEs.  I usually have to go back to MC
2.5 to figure out obscure problems.  They show up correctly once I
transition.  I don't know about everyone else, but I have three folder
with different version of MC and Rev to make it through the day.  Lots
of time is wasted moving from one version to the other.  I only pray
that 2.3 gives us a working engine.

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto