dammit

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Jun 8 11:16:09 EDT 2004

>I hate to lose my cool, but I can't get a day's work done with the
>current state of the error messages coming from the v2.6 engine.
>
>I can usually sort through my own code without it, but I've
>inherited a large and nasty code base written in alien logic, and
>there's no reliable means of identifying the source of errors.
>
>Am I the only one who finds this a show-stopper?
>Have y'all worked out a solution and forgot to share? :)
>
>How does the Rev IDE cope with it?
>
>If there was ever an argument for an emergency dot-dot release,
>making it possible to know what errors are occurring would seem the
>irrefutable case....
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin

I am dealing only with my own codes but this error reporting glitch
is truly frustrating as I often get errors reported while errors are
being reported, mutliplying the problem.

I am also using "try" to catch errors in some of my stacks. It took
me a while to realize that old errors accumulate in buffer and this
is why each subsequent catch is giving a longer list. Luckily, my
stacks are fully compatible with 2.5 engine, so there is my rescue
when I can't guess what the problem is. But is is a headache.

Why Rev did not bother to release 2.6.1 to fix this issue is beyond
me. Sometimes I feel they somehow do not get the full meaning and use
of the triplicate components of common versioning system. I have
posted in the past comparing different development system in terms of
the fix releases in between feature releases.

Robert