Copying styled text

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Jun 3 17:49:33 EDT 2004

There is a background field with sharedText off, and each card has
different text in this field.  There is a lot of bold, colored, link,
and other styled text in this field, and I am trying to copy the
fully styled text from one stack to another (in rebuilding the
corrupted stack).

I followed the instructions for doing this exactly as the Metacard
instructions advise, adding only the info needed to unlock the field.

on mouseUp
   go stack "oldStack"
repeat with x = 2 to the number of cds of stack "oldStack"
     go cd x of stack "oldStack"
     if there is a fld "Info" of cd x of stack "oldStack" then
       set the traversalOn of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "oldStack" to true
       set the lockText of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "oldStack" to false
       set the autoHilite of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "oldStack" to true
       set the sharedText of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "oldStack" to false
       select text of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "oldStack"
       copy
      go cd x of stack "newPC"
       set the traversalOn of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "newPC" to true
       set the lockText of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "newPC" to false
       set the autoHilite of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "newPC" to true
       set the sharedText of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "newPC" to false
       select text of fld "Info" of cd x of stack "newPC"
       paste
     end if
   end repeat
   save stack "newPC"
end mouseUp

It does not work.  I get the following error immediately:

on mouseUp
   editScript the long id of the errorobject of this card
end mouseUp

If I try:

put fld "info" of cd x of stack "oldStack" into fld "info" of cd x of
stack "newPC"

The text copies over, but the formatting is lost, and there are 60
cards that would require all of the text to be diddled with.

Help!

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com