proposed features - not necessarily for this version

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Jun 3 18:59:16 EDT 2004

>I'd like to propose some new features in the plugin
>manager.  How about adding the ability to type in the topleft coords
>we would like each plugin to go to?
>How about a separate control to designate the topleft of the home
>stack?  How about a control to
>designate whether the message box auto-opens and where its topleft
>should be?  What about the ability
>to designate whether substacks of our plugins auto-open and their toplefts?
>
>Rich Mooney
>Payne Sparkman Mfg.

Adding the opening location is possible but I am not convinced that
it is so truly useful. The plugins open at their last saved
positions, so you can just position them as desired and save. More
useful would be IMO specifying the opening mode, so the stacks can be
kept as toplevel but open as a palette or modeless as plugins. But
may be adding a button to the plugin manager that saves the current
location of a selected plugin could be handy, particularly in the
case of plugins opened as palette or modeless.

IMHO opening substacks of plugins should normally be controlled by
the plugin's mainstack. If you want to open only substack but not the
mainstack, you can designate the plugin as active and do opening from
the pluginStack handler.

RObert