IDE and libUrl

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 26 14:13:01 EDT 2004

Brian Yennie wrote:

> This reminds me of the warning the tools stack used to always give me
> when I got new beta releases of Metacard- that the version of the tools
> stack didn't match the version of the engine. Could we use this same
> sort of logic, and maybe add an extra line or two to the IDE to
> specifically check for a matching version of libURL? The user could of
> course ignore the warning, but at least they'd be likely to understand
> why their URL scripts were failing after receiving said warning...

The warning comes from the Home stack and not the IDE. The Home stack
has never been altered since the project became open source.  I could
modify it but it's tricky, since I need to work on a virgin copy yet
have the scriptLimits removed.

I'll do that for the IDE version after the one currently in testing.