MC IDE v2.6b7 package (was: Re: Filters for Transcript Dictionary)

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Jul 26 18:52:37 EDT 2004

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> (snip)
> Thanks for adding that.
>
> Have you considered adding it to the latest version included in in the
> MC IDE v2.6b7 package? A lot of changes have happened in that version,
> including the ability to import the Rev 2.5 XML files in addition to
> the older revdictionary.rev stack.
>
> If so, please add yourself to the credits when you're done and pass it
> back and I'll gladly put it in the next build.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

Meanwhile I added the filter routines to the latest version of the
Dictionary (Starter) and sent the modified file (7 K) directly to you
(as I could not find out how to upload it to the files page of the Yahoo
MC_IDE site).

A few observations concerning the new (and old) IDE version:

- The width of the Tools and Help menubuttons of the Menubar needs to be
adjusted, e.g. "Message Box" etc. is not fully readable

- Setting a HTML-Text in the answer dialog is restricted to the prompt
text, what about the buttons? In former versions it was possible to set
the textsize and textstyle of all parts of the text (compare my stack
"Transparent Dialogs")

- As already mentioned by others, the width of the dialogs needs to be
adjusted, too.

For the answer dialog this can be done in the last line of the following
repeat-handler of the card script by changing the former 14 of the added
width to 28

"repeat with i = 2 to nchoices + 1
     show button i
     set the name of button i to line nchoices + 2 - i of it
     set the width of button i to the formattedWidth of button i + 32
     add the width of button i + 28 to bwidth #this is the line
   end repeat"

- There is some "ambiguity" in the Resource Mover - and has been since
the beginning of Metacard:

  * checkbox "MetaCard Icons" only copies about 8 icons - needed for the
dialogs - into the stack
  * "Icons Set in Scripts" should be renamed as it refers likewise to
icons that are set in the properties dialog of buttons

P.S.: I will be off for nearly two weeks touring through (rainy) Scandinavia

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke