MC IDE

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 25 21:23:41 EDT 2004

On 7/25/04 6:06 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Klaus Major wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> the new engine (or more precise the new RR IDE) will drop
>> the good old "hand" cursor...
>>
>> I think we will have to take that into account?
>>
>> Any comments/hints/suggestions?
>

> That's a bug, which I would imagine would be fixed before 2.5 is
> released.  Removing the hand cursor completely would be a horrifyingly
> bad decision if it were intentional, as it would completely eliminate
> the sort of browser-like hand-cursor-over-clickable-text features so
> easy to do in all previous releases for more than a decade.

Well, no. It is an intentional design decision. That's also why the hand
cursor is no longer on the tool palette. The feeling was that users
wanted standalones to look like other standard applications.

To accomplish the same thing, I always omit the inclusion of the hand
cursor in standalones, which forces the engine to automatically use the
system default arrow instead. I'm not sure why they didn't implement it
this way.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com