alwaysBuffer not set...

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jul 21 15:44:40 EDT 2004

Recently, "Richard Gaskin"  wrote:

>>> < The properties of the templateGraphic are reset to their defaults
>>> when all running handlers finish executing. >
>>>
>>> which is obviously not the case (and I should have checked this).
>>

>> No, the docs are correct on this point.
>
> Run this test in the message box:
>
> 1. put the width of the templateGraphic
>   -- return 128
>
> 2. set the width of the templateGraphic to 500
>
> 3. put the width of the templateGraphic
>   -- return 500
>
> Because any property changes are persistent throughout the session, the
> reset command is provided to reset a template object to its default
> engine values:
>
> 4.  reset the templateGraphic
>
> 5.  put the width of the templateGraphic
>    -- return 128 again

FWIW, the MC docs under "reset" state:

"Resetting a template object returns it to its startup settings.  It is a
good practice to reset any template object changed in your scripts after
you've created an object from the template."

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design