proposal: revAppVersion = 0

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 21 09:40:11 EDT 2004

Dave Cragg wrote:

> At 8:53 pm -0700 20/7/04, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> But you raise a good point:  would there be any harm in having libURL
>> automatically loaded?
>>
>> I can't think of any.  Unless someone tells me not to I'm inclined to
>> have it do so....
>
> I'm not so sure. (There has to be someone. :))
>
> If the IDE automatically loads libUrl (or any other library), there's a
> tendency to forget to explicitly add a "start using" in your
> standalones. This could be another slippery slope where the IDE behaves
> slightly less like the standalones we use it to build.
>
> That's why I've always removed the parts of the IDE frontscript that
> start using libUrl whenever you make a get/post/etc url call.

As always, your input is greatly appreciated.

I'll make this a preference instead.

Though it raises a question:  Should the Standalone Builder prompt the
user with a reminder when building a stack into which no resources have
been moved?

I'm not thinking of anything fancy, perhaps just looking for the absence
of an Answer Dialog in the stackfile being made into a standalone.

Useful?