proposal: revAppVersion = 0

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 20 21:53:48 EDT 2004

Chipp Walters wrote:

> for what it's worth,
>
> I'm doing the following:
>
> if there is a stack "revMenuBar" then
>   --IN REV
> else
>   --IN MC
> end if

LOL - I'd been doing the opposite, checking for "MetaCard Menu Bar". :)

> also, I notice libURL doesn't start automatically, but my
> altPluginsToolbar (and MagicCarpet and other plugins) need it. So, in MC
> I use in my altPlugin toolbar initMe routine the following:
>
> try
>   get libURLVersion()
> catch tErr
>   start using stack libURL
> end try
>
> Any ideas why this isn't a good thing to do in MC? IOW, would
> auto-starting libURL affect others? Perhaps I should "ask" for permission?

Of course now that we have a Plugin Manager with a way to automatically
load a stack as a library, one can easily add a plugin for any such
initialization needed.

But you raise a good point:  would there be any harm in having libURL
automatically loaded?

I can't think of any.  Unless someone tells me not to I'm inclined to
have it do so....