Update on WYSIWYG editor of Alain

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 23:34:19 EDT 2004

Hi Alain,

on Thu, 15 Jul 2004
Alain Farmer wrote:

> Here is an updated version of the software (in
> French)
> that Im crafting for a francophone school
> commission.

Did they have a website?

> The relevance, for this mostly-anglo maillist, is
> that
> it implements a bunch of features that can be
> re-used
> as-is (or with a tiny bit of adaptation). The
> "killer"
> one is the WYSIWYG web-site editor that transforms
> MC
> layout of a stack into the corresponding website
> coded
> as DHTML that runs on ALL browsers, including
> Explorer
> 6.x and browsers as ancient as Netscape 4.7.x (
> which
> is what Im using on my Mac running OS 8.6 ).

Did you could export animation too?
That could be astounding!!!

I have downloaded the Zip file and i'm ready to
test this wysiwyg editor. :-)

> La piece
> de resistance to top-it-all-off is that it comes
> with
> a toolbar that allows you to format the text, create
> http links, include images, etc. This toolbar can be
> used separately, furthermore, with *any* other
> stack.

Interesting!!!

> Without further ado, here is the URL to download it:
>
>     http://ufp.uqam.ca/mc/cspi.sit
> or
>     http://ufp.uqam.ca/mc/cspi.zip

Thanks for thinking in Zip users too! ;-)

> PS: This beta version only supports fields and
> images.
> Subsequent versions, which y!all can help me with,
> if
> you wish, could easily support Quicktime and
> buttons,
> including checkboxes, radioButtons, menus, ... , and
> the ordinary ones too.

... animation and javascripts, php and Perl code.
The knowledge of the programmers in this list is vast.

> Enjoy this new wonder!

Thanks again Alain,

Have a nice weekend.

Alejandro