Update on WYSIWYG editor of Alain

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 14:28:37 EDT 2004

Hello Hugh,

> I was impressed with the beta version
> a while ago, Alain ...

You will *love* this one then, because it has been
much improved in the last 10 days. Ive been working
full-time on it every day. :))

> ...but could not work out how to apply the DHTML
> conversion to an existing stack. Do I understand
> correctly that the design has to be done in your
> program?

Okay .. you caught me!  ;-)

As things stand right now, my newest editor cannot be
applied as-is to any stack. What we have is a toolbar
that can markup any stack (textStyle, alignment, font,
textSize, images, etc) AND secondly my "Projet" stack
which fully implements the stack-to-DHTML feature that
we are all so interested in.

I have reached the point, though, where the "Projet"
is "done". Concretely, this means that I will invest
some time-and-effort into making it *generic* enough
for other similar projects. IOW, a technology rather
than a specific-tool. Basically here is what needs to
be done to achieve this : I need to port the scripts
from the "Projet" stack to the "Toolbar" palette. Not
just this, of course. Ex: I also have to make sure it
only targets stacks that WANT to be marked-up in this
manner, e.g. some handshaking to avoid adding a whole
bunch of custom properties to non-DHTML stacks. And so
on .. undoubtedly!  ;-)

Thank you for your interest,  :))

Alain