Launching standalones via a net-client.

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jul 15 23:32:10 EDT 2004

Hi Wilhelm,

> but it does not explain *how* to "access" the CachedURL.
> I have the feeling that it must be possible to access and launch the
> exe-file which is cached, but how?
> Please have a look at the changed part of the "updateme href" handler.
> Simply using "launch URL href" or "go URL href" does not work.
>
> Any ideas?

I am not sure, but i would guess that EXE simply cannot be accessed
with this technique
which works for iamges and other files you can "use" inside of MC...

I would put the "cached" EXE into a (temporary) binfile on disk and
launch THAT file...

put url"http://www.xyz.com/folder/file.exe" into url("binfile:" &
someplace_on_disk)
open process someplace_on_disk for neither

Not tested, but surely worth a try :-)

> Kind regards,
>
> Wilhlm Sanke

Regards and liebe Grüße