MC-REV Event similar to AppleEvent?

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 13:36:23 EST 2004

Hello,

> I need to be able to update a stack/card script
> in a standalone, and I cannot because of the
> limit imposed ...

Hummm .. Seems easy enough to me. Integrate one or
more "do" statement[s] in your generic handler. The
script that gets 'done' can be located elsewhere, e.g.
in a field, in a file, from a URL...

> If I had a 'single' handler in the script
> that could handle 'all' stack messages,
> I 'might' be able to update the script.

That's much tougher, e.g. to NOT include the
*handlers* in the script at all. My approach requires
that these handlers be in the script but, because they
merely do code that is external to the script, the
script never needs to be changed. You update the
field, file or URL instead to change what will be
'done'.

Hope this helps,

Alain F