Creating folder in OS 9

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Sun Jan 4 00:48:00 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to create a folder in Mac OS 9 (under MC 2.4.3) using
something like:

create folder tPath	--  tPath looks like "/Mac
HD/folder/real/path/myFolder"
(similarly I've tried     create directory thePath   )

For some reason, it's simply not creating this folder, and returning a
"Can't create folder" in the result.  It's doing this on my computer
while running in Classic, and it's also doing this for other people who
are booting into Mac OS 9.x.

Forgive me if there's been discussion about this already (I found none)
, but what's going on?  Why can't I create a folder?

Using the command in the Mac OS X build creates the folder for me fine.
  I've not tested it on Windows.

Also, as a note, only the final folder in the hierarchy is the one I'm
creating - I'm positive always that all the other folders up until
"myFolder" (in the example above) already exist.  Just a side note -
does it matter to the create directory handler if the folders higher up
the hierarchy exist or not?

Thanks much,
Karl